- Shan Jaffry, “Development of wave
propagation imaging technology using Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA)
technology”, Chonbuk National University, 2014.
Abstract Summary: An embedded system (FPGA) based video/signal
processing algorithm for damage detection in aerospace structures (NDE
technique) was developed. The laser based wave propagation imaging system is
use for damage or fatigue detection in specimen e.g. Ultrasonic Wave
Propagation Imaging (UWPI) technique. The previous CPU based system was much
slower in performance. Hence high speed and truly parallel FPGA
based, completely dedicated system was implemented. The goal was to reduce the
processing time and effort over the CPU and shift processing load to FPGA. The
processed information is then fed into the PC for visualization. Comparison
between the CPU based and FPGA based systems were also presented to validate
the point present in the research.
- Jaffry Syed Shan, Syed Haider Abbas, Donghoon Kang and Jungryul Lee, " Using Field Programmable Gate Array Hardware for the Performance Improvement of Ultrasonice Wave Propagation Imaging System", Journal of the Korean Society for Nondestructive Testing, Vol. 35, No. 6: 389-397, 2015
- Shan Jaffry and Jung Ryul Lee,
“Development of Wave propagation imaging technology using FPGAs”, Korean Science & Non-destructive Testing
(KSNT) society conference, 2013.
- S. Jaffry, “Development of long range
wave propagation imaging technology”, 10th workshop at Los Alamos
National Lab – Chonbuk National University (LANL-CBNU)- Engineering Institute
Korea, March, 2013
- S. Hussein and S. Jaffry, “Energy Conservation in
Pakistan: Especially in the Textile Sector”, IEEE Pakistan (IEEEP)